Book : The Writer who Died

September 25, 2015

We went to the Nu Sentral's MPH while waiting for our movie to start. We were early, just finished work. Like always, we were walking by all the book section when I saw The Girl in the Spider's Web hard copy lined up in a special section. It is a continuation from the Stieg Larsson's famous trilogy; The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! :


If you read his books and already made a research about the man who wrote it, you should know about him : that he died in 2004 of a sudden heart attack. He was 50 and after his death, the books became famously famous and sold more than 80 million copies and were translated into more than 50 languages. o_o I don't think he expected such success from his stories.

Anyhow, I bought his first book years ago. The story was really heavy but surprising I became really attached to the complicated words and storyline - never did I expect such heavy entertainment. Later I bought and read all 3 of his trilogy. It was sad that the author died before finishing his 4th book, but oh-well, 3 books would do.

*

So I didn't know about this. This David Lagercrantz, a Swedish writer was hired by Stieg Larsson's father and brother to finish the fourth book. There were some complication about continuing the book - because as any avid reader would know, stories shouldn't be rewritten by other storyteller. It won't be the same. It is like forcing a writer to be someone else to write just exactly like the original writer. =.=

BUT, I won't judge before I read the book. I will read David Lagercrantz version of the 4th The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo when it comes in paperback and I will decide whether I like it or not.  

But if you can't wait, you can buy it for RM 69.90 for the hard cover version at MPH :D

*

While in Japan, I didn't bring Hermann Hesse book : Narcissus & Goldmund. I brought along Delivering Happines : A path to profits, passion and purpose by Tony Hsieh, the CEO of Zappos.  I found the book in the KL Sentral's level-2 book shop, for RM 20. I hardly buy non-fiction but I've been reading about Zappos's famous working style and even followed them in LinkedIn, so I knew about their different methods in working environment. I was curious about Tony Hsieh in person and I thought reading it will answer some of my questions. 

It was a good read. I knew successful people usually have some 'it' attitudes and different way of thinking to make them be successful in life. Tony wrote it using his words, his style, so you can expect to hearing him talking while reading it. Definitely a good read.

*

Other than that, I'm finishing up Wind by Haruki Murakami.
And because it's the first novella written by him, it's official, 
I'm rereading all his books again in order this time :D 

Post Comment
Post a Comment