Little Things 207 : A Run + Another Headache

September 06, 2015

After several months of resting from constant running, I registered for another running event - my fifth 10km run. Little did I know, any activity with improper training may lead to several bad effects. As I ran and jog and ran and walked until the finished line, I saw AF ran slightly farther than me in the front. I knew my stamina was at the lowest state, because I used to ran more or less better than him. I finished after 1 : 32 : 00.

My ankle, my leg, my thigh, all felt uncomfortable after we stopped running. We took our gifts packs and medal, sat below the tree farther than the crowds and ate our breakfast. It was getting hotter, so we decided to leave Putrajaya and stopped by at Giant to buy some groceries for our Tokiyo trip. I can feel the pressure in my head and I knew my next headache wave will come soon. 

By the time I was at home, my head was in pain. There was a rhythmic strong pounding like the one I used to have every time I was too tired or exposed in hot sunlight. It's nothing new, so I knew I need to rest to let the headache subdued. 4 hours later I woke up with another strong headache =.=' 

It was 5pm and I needed to get ready for a tahlil in Damansara so I had no other way but to take Panadol actifast. I hate medicine and I hate the idea of having to let it in my body but I had no other choice. In 15 minutes, I didn't feel the pain anymore. =.= There is something wrong with the whole "pain gone in several minutes" and I don't know whether it's because of the ingredients or I was just in the state of 'in-pain-but-my-head-is-telling-me-otherwise', and that should be worst. 

I have no natural ways to fight my constant headache yet other than a long sleep and avoid strong heat/extreme activities. At this moment, my natural way to reduce it is by stirring up sliced ginger in hot water and drink it. But I need something fast and will work right-away so I can continue my day, but I haven't find any solution yet :( 

*

My brother just did his first half-marathon in PJ today,
so I've decided to make Post-Run smoothies for all of us :D

  • 5 x frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup of fresh milk
  • 1/2 cup of ice cubes
  • 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt 
  • 1 spoon of honey


Post Comment
Post a Comment