Ghibli Animation Film

November 19, 2011

I grew up with Hayao's animated film. I remember watching Kiki's Delivery Service when I was very young. I can remember the tape from our parents' friend in Japan and we watched it over and over again using my dad's VCR player. Although we hardly understood what they were saying, due to some lack of exposure in maintaining our Japanese language knowledge, we can understand the storyline just fine. Afterall, children do learn from observation, and they can relate to the real world quite easily.

One of my favorite character is Susuwatari, a hairy big-eyed dust spirit that floats around in the movie : Totoro. They have also appeared in Spirited Away as the Bath House's slaves, with such long thin legs and eat colored star candies. I was excited by the sight of those star candies, it reminded me of my childhood years. Star candies are called konpeitō in Japanese. 


* Susuwatari eats Konpeito *

I've watched a bundle of Hayao's animated films : Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies - to name a few. Last 2 weeks I bought The Borrower's Arriety's DVD. Ahh, such pleasure. The background illustrations were super overwhelming :




How can I not watch a 2D animation when these beauties are still exist?

*

1 comment on "Ghibli Animation Film"
  1. saya membesar dengan totoro. hari2 tengok movie totoro :)

    ReplyDelete