Little Stories 259: The Mid-Autumn Fest, the Potluck and a Supposedly Long-Run

September 25, 2023

The Mid-Autumn Festival at school on Friday:


Last Friday night, Sofi's school conducted a Mid-Autumn Festival, where we gathered around, makan2, played games, and walked around the neighborhood carrying lanterns. That week they made their own lanterns and mooncakes (mochi version) at school. So that night was to wrap up the mini celebration. 


It was so much fun. 

I'm not that much of an active participant in events, but this was a bit different. It is more like a mini-family event where we don't all play together in big groups but in smaller own-family teams. So we ate, played games, and collected the sticker stamps, then when completed we took an Instax photo together. We also made a DIY lantern. Mostly the activity evolved around Sofi so it took the anxiety out of me. Ha.


Forgot to take nice photos but I made short reels on my personal IG, so precious ♥


-


Potluck Party & Movie Session at my brother's on Saturday:


We had a potluck party at my brother's.

He requested nasi lemak from me, which was the catalyst of the mini-activity on a Saturday. So I cooked the nasi lemak and made sambal kentang ikan bilis. My sister made the sambal, fried the chicken, and ikan bilis, and my brother made cinnamon rolls for teatime + also prepared the table and stuff, and Af brought pisang goreng and keropok lekor for later (but it was finished before tea-time). The others helped around, it was group work sans the grownups' stress (aren't we the grownups nowadays?). 




Then we watched Finch on Apple+ on Z's huge screen. 

It is a post-apocalyptic survival movie starring Tom Hanks (Finch), the robot (it insisted on being called Jeff), and the dog. The story follows dying-Finch, who builds a robot to take care of his dog when he dies T^T 


It is a beautifully shot movie with a decent story. The robot has the personality of a stubborn child with the capability to learn (Finch installed AI), so that was fun. But the character build-up is short and it feels like there are more stories from Jeff and the dog that can be explored. A nice weekend movie, I'm glad that even Sofi can watch it with us. 



PS: I drank coffee but I was so exhausted by the socializing that I managed to sleep in super early, probably around 830 pm (but I woke up at 3 am though...). I had the whole morning drafting posts for this week and planning for the supposedly longer run later. 


-


Then the long-run training on Sunday:


I was supposed to run a 7km run, but I only managed to do a 5.5km run before meeting Sofi by accident (when she saw me, kenot run anymore lah). Then I stopped the run and we had a breakfast picnic. I packed yesterday's nasi lemak leftover, scrambled eggs, and red beans. Also a cheese sandwich for the little princess:



Total accumulated: I got more than 30 km run + walk this week. Can't believe that I waited until the last minute to start seriously training :F


-


DIY protein bar:


I also made my own experimental no-bake protein bar to fuel up because I'll be so hungry in the morning (+ all day) and I can't eat before a run. I made this with Sofi helping me out. I think each batch can last up to 3-5 days depending on how many people pulun sekaliIt wasn't baked (but needs to be kept in the fridge), so the texture is a bit chewy, unlike cookies. I'm fine with that as long as it serves its function. Sofi seems to like it.  





Base:

  • Oat
  • Honey
  • Peanut butter
  • Coconut oil
  • Almond milk
Crushed Nuts/seeds:
  • Chia seeds
  • Flax seed powder
  • Walnut
  • Peanut
  • Almond
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Sunflower seeds
Dried fruits:
  • Kismis
  • Cranberries



Post Comment
Post a Comment