Event: Cover Making Workshop with Balqis & Moss Fest 2023

September 04, 2023

In July, I got an invite from Mossery to attend their event (Moss Fest 2023) + join one of their available workshops during the 3-day event. Yes, that Mossery


I explained to Sofi the night before that I had to 'work' on that Saturday, also reminded her several times that morning, she kept on finding me in my room or kitchen while I was getting ready, just to give me a long hug (*5 times to be exact) because I was leaving her with AF that day. 

-


Let me clarify first, I asked my sister whether she wanted to join the event and she said yes *not as a driver, but as a participant. So, assuming she wanted to tag along to go to the event, I didn't take the train ride lah. But, she didn't even go to the event later on. She went to watch Oppenheimer in Paradigm Mall with Is while waiting for me to finish the 2 1/2 hrs workshop. Then we had lunch and she sent me back home. Like I was a teenage girl needing a ride to go to a tuition class :F


We were an hour early so we had breakfast at Broom, just next to the event place. Read the Broom's post here.


I registered for the event, received the special gift bag, and was introduced to the Mossery's founder. Then I joined the workshop and met Balqis.


-


I chose a Cover-making workshop using cyanotype printing by Balqis or @studiosunprintIt has been a while since I did something new, so the workshop was so much fun. I learned about cyanotype printing, did 2 tests on paper, and later did the art for the cover. 


I intentionally wanted just leaves on my cover (I wish there were petals too, but there were none from the tray), and also I wanted it to be a bit darker so I exposed it to the sun for an extra minute. Composition-wise, I wanted the front cover to be less cluttered while the back cover shows some personalities (just like me, what you see from the outside doesn't necessarily resemble what I feel on the inside). Plus, a lot of dots that I made from talcum powders.


Here is my Mossery cover: 



Beautiful.

I've been using the Mossery yearly planner for a month since I got it (finishing this post in Sept). Here's the catch, I got the 2023 planner at the end of July, which means more than half of the planner has already passed and I can only use the scheduled planner from Aug - Dec. But, I'm going to use this planner as much as I can because I don't want to waste it.




My plan is to use half of the earlier part of the book with journaling/writing and another half as a scheduled planner (considering I started working full-time again in Aug, kan). I stopped journaling on physical books a while back and it feels odd to start writing again. But old habits die hard. 


The cover might not last as long as the other covers Mossery sells because it has no lamination and it has been dunked in the chemical solution and water when we made the cover. I can also see some white tiny feathered edges already. But that's okay.




-


I also received a gift bag worth *RM 250 consisting of their 2023 Year Planner, Mossery cover illustrated by Angela Pan, Life in Progress booklet, artprints x 2 by Sibylline Meynet, greeting card by Liunic, Mossery planner stickers x 2, in a Mossery pouch bag. I bought a second-chance version of Mossery's undated planner for next year (30% off). 


The reels I made for them:

Post Comment
Post a Comment