Mini Escapism : A Walk in KL & Perpustakaan Kuala Lumpur

November 18, 2023

I walked around 8 km in the city, approximately 14k steps - exceeding my early plan of walking 10k steps that day. I had to compile a video for a brand so I asked for my brother to help me shoot the reels. We started our walk in the Pasar Seni area, had breakfast in Flaaah, and then walked to Petaling Street, Central Market, Dataran Merdeka, had an iced coffee break, stopped by to explore the KL library, went back to Central Market, then Pasar Seni, and lastly had late lunch at The Garden.

 


It was mostly scorching hot but we had umbrellas and shades so I didn't experience migraine this time. I was drenched in sweat and smelled like a day well spent. It was a productive walking day.


I'm making an IG reel for Charby's Orbit 20w < (link here) power bank. I have been searching for a reliable power bank since I started walking in the city, found Orbit, and asked for a collaboration, they sent me one and I have been using it since then :

  • MagSafe wireless 15W + Apple watch charging
  • USB-C fast charging 20W
  • charge multiple devices at once
  • stand mode
  • LED light
  • safe for flights
  • 5,000 mAh capacity, 2 hrs fully charged from 0%
  • weigh only 149g, 
  • smaller than my palm


-


The KL Library

I was excited beyond words when I visited the library because it is a nice well-equipped, well-lighted, air-conditioned library and I wanted to visit there for quite a while. The fiction choices aren't that good, but the non-fiction (self-help, motivational, philosophy, psychology) are quite OK and they also have manga that I wanted to read and not collect. There is also a kid's section on the lower floor, so I'm planning to bring Sofi there on the weekend to get her a library membership.



I created a library account right away and borrowed 3 books (need to return them within 2 weeks' time), promising myself to spend many more futures in the library. It will be my safe haven from now on. Other than a pantry where you can buy food/drinks on the first floor, and so many hidden spaces to hide or do work, the library is also located near a cafe called KLGB Confectionary & bakery (just next to the building), where they sell so many beautiful pastries and coffees. We can spend hours with free books.


Need I say more? ❤︎₊ ⊹


The closest MRT is MRT Pasar Seni so you'll need to walk around 10 minutes to get there. 

I am so happy, you have no idea. This is the best present for me. 


-


Here are more pictures from that day:





-


But later on, after I arrived home, I felt a bit unwell. My throat was prickly and dry, my nose was watery, and it was so cold to be in contact with water. I felt sick, somewhat feverish, and my whole body was aching. Don't know what that was. I decided to wear a mask at home (in case it is COVID), then fed Sofi dinner, waited for Af, and just let him manage Sofi because I was in dire need of rest. Zzz.


Post Comment
Post a Comment