Little Stories 267 : A Short Walk, KLABF 2023 and Nice Coincidence

December 10, 2023

Another Short Walk in the Library:

I needed a short visit to the library because it is near the end of the year and I still have 7 more books to reach my 100 books (unofficial goal). I decided to read the Clamp's Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles manga (the Omnibus version) because I've read too much fiction and non-fiction this year, so I needed something lighter to end the year.


Manga counts because some manga is heavy with content, depth, and drama. The ones that I'm reading - each book is about 600 pages long because it combines 3 books. To summarize, it is about a mission to search for missing memories flown over to different inter-dimensional worlds, written and drawn by a group of woman mangaka (called Clamp) in early 2000. 


I wanted to borrow the whole manga but number 5 & 8 was missing from the shelves since I first found them at the library. So I decided to ask from the counter and the man taught me how to check the book lists from the system. Apparently, numbers 5 & 8 are not listed because they don't have them. Really inconvenient. 


I have some of the individual manga that I kept for years, I think I will try to donate them to the library after I finish reading them. 


-


KL Art Book Fest:

I got another invite from Mossery. This time to attend the Kuala Lumpur Art Book Fest 2023 at Kuala Lumpur & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall on Friday. The event started on Friday and it continues throughout the weekend, so they asked me to give a shoutout about the event on IG & FB. 




That Friday, I got ready early. I went out right after I submitted my work draft. 

Love how the artwork on this door slowly reaches the top, they are from Sofi during her daycare:




I wasn't sure about how to reach there, so I used Moovit (despite having to change from MRT > LRT > Monorail, I arrived there just fine in less than 40 mins). Thank you to Af for explaining the route beforehand, because I got overwhelmed with names of places that I'm not familiar with. 

But it was quite straightforward lah.


I arrived, and I waited until the event started because I was early. Then I went to the Mossery booth to inform them (because I was a guest, I got a free tote bag that I could claim at their booth. I also got a free ticket to enter the event). Then I browsed through all the booths and did my work :F


It was quite inspiring to see. I love the feel of various paper types and printing, I touched everything I could T^T I talked when I could socialize, and then eventually I slowly disappeared into the abyss. I felt overwhelmed after a few interactions. Hah hah hah. 






Here is the reels on the IG :


-


Bought a year-end present for myself:

Here are my new socks in olive green and the Susuwatari's version from Ghibli (found them at Uniqlo and just had to buy them). The funny thing is, I wore it on Sunday and met my sister unplanned, and then she noticed that we both wore the same Susuwatari socks together. 

What are the odds :D




Post Comment
Post a Comment