Little Thing 275 : About Writing, Sofi's Graduation, & Random Stuffs

December 03, 2023

About writing the 8 posts:

I have achieved my goal of writing 8 posts every month for a year, even when I didn't feel motivated to do so. Despite struggling with my thoughts and not always writing what I intended to, I pushed them through. But I'm not doing it again next year. 

I'll write, but I'll write more in my book. I'll write, but not the 8 posts every month. I'll write here, but only if I feel like sharing something honest and perhaps the things that I can nerd up about, because who would listen to a woman's rant on topics that they are passionate about? About things that matter to her, or about random thoughts that didn't matter to anyone, about life, about confusion, about questions, about love, about death, about curiosity, about mundane things in our day-to-day life? 

Everything feels so frivolous.  


-

Sofi's Graduation & Sending Stuffs to Stickerrific :

We went to Sofi's first 'graduation' day at the Garden on Saturday. The theme was Disney's magical world, so Sofi had to wear Pinocchio's & Woody's outfits for her group dance performance. 

It was a really flawed day with overwhelmed toddlers and chaotic preschoolers. 
Every time the 3-year-old group came down on the stage, the music was blasted loud and these toddlers were crying all together in their group - and seeing these toddlers crying, I would automatically cry too because they were so cute and so anxious on the stage (I'm hormonal and I'm sensitive). They cried, I cried. It was a disaster. I had a migraine afterward.

But Sofi was in her 4-year-old class, so she wasn't as anxious as the little ones, and she did well (no crying). She performed dances for "Hey Diddle Dee Dee", "You Got a Friend in You", & "Colour of the Wind". It was so precious.

When I was 4, I remember Aja and I had to perform as well. We were in Tadika Ho, the Chinese kindergarden in Serdang next to my high school. We both wore our kimono with double ponytail hair and straight fringe.  Aja played her keyboard and sang on stage while I just sat next to her - mostly confused. Oh yes, during that time we couldn't even speak in Malay or English, we only spoke in full Japanese.


I also restocked some of my zines and December gift box at Stickerrific afterward:



Here's my bb :




-

Summary of The Little Prince: 

This is a summary taken from Emily Esfahani's book The Power of Meaning:

The prince lives on a tiny planet where he spends his time tending the plants and flowers in his garden. "It's very tedious work," he says, "but very easy." One day, he notices a rose that is growing on its surface--a flower unlike any he's seen on his planet before. The prince falls in love with the mysterious rose, whom he devotedly waters and shields from the wind. But she is a vain and needy flower, and the prince eventually grows weary of her, deciding to leave his planet and explore the broader universe. 

He is on a quest for knowledge and understanding and sees many strange sights during his travels. After visiting a few other planets, the prince finds his way to Earth, where he comes across a rose garden. Though the prince left his rose behind, he still cares for her, and seeing these other roses makes him disconsolate; he thought that his rose was the only flower of its kind in the universe, but now he sees that there are hundreds of others like her. Just as he has reached the bottom of his despair, a wise fox calls out to him. The fox teaches the prince many lessons, but the most important one concerns the rose the prince left behind. The rose is not just another rose out of many, he tells the prince; it is special because of what the prince gave to the flower: "It's the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important. You become responsible forever for what you've tamed. You're responsible for your rose." 

When the prince returns to the field of roses, he takes the fox's wisdom with him and addresses them: "You're lovely, but you're empty," he tells them. "One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass. Since she's the one I sheltered behind a screen. Since she's the one for whom I killed the caterpillars. Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing at all. 
Since she's my rose."


I love this.  


-


Creative Morning's Dec Theme: Pain

// Muscles grow stronger after exercise tears the tiny fibers of muscle cells and the body repairs those damaged fibers. We know that physical wounds can heal with time and proper care. But we often ignore the fact that emotional pain can too. If you need a little relief from whatever pain you’re carrying, talk to someone, make something, or help someone else in need. Pain can point the way to growth. // - CreativeMorning 


-


From that one outing morning with Miss Chin:

Not a new one, just from one of the pictures taken a while back.




-


4 comments on "Little Thing 275 : About Writing, Sofi's Graduation, & Random Stuffs"
  1. Thank you for keeping on writing. I've been reading your blog for a few years already and found solace in your writing. And to be honest, I always waiting eagerly for your new entries and beautiful aesthetic photos and illustrations as well as your YouTube videos. Hmmmm... Just wanted to let you know that your thoughts count and appreciated. I've never commented before but hmmm... yeah... Just wanted to let you know that. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how touched I am, reading this comment.
      I always thought I'd been writing here, to myself alone.

      Delete
  2. I still want to read anything you write, on any medium you want to share.. though i'm not here as frequent <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi did! I also want to read yours - but you don't post that often nowadays ♥♥ writeee.

      Delete