Little Story 249 : About Time (and perhaps, books)

March 02, 2023

Last week, I watched "About Time", a 2013 film written and directed by Richard Curtis. Not a new movie, I know, it was made 10 years back and I didn't watch it because the poster looked like any other rom-com available during that time. I was wrong. It was not another rom-com, watching it without knowing anything about the movie was great. So if you haven't watched it, please watch it before reading further.


-

For you that choose not to watch it, or already watched it, well, it is a story about Tim and on his 21st birthday, he found out that the men in his family could time-travel, only to the moments they have lived before, and you can make changes without making a mess in the time-continuum (there is no scientific explanation here, so it fits me well - I don't like sci-fi). So of course Tim uses it to have a better day, better outcome, and better person.

Do you want to know what was the thing that I was most excited about in the movie ?

When Tim asked his dad 
"What have you done.. with it?" 
and his dad answered: 
"Well, for me, books, books, books, I've read everything a man could wish to. Twice. Dickens three times".

Because IF I have unlimited time, I would spend my days reading all the books that I want to as well. I mean, that is the most wholesome thing I've heard about time traveling. Kan ? Don't you think? Being able to cheat time and repeat the same time with different books. When I watched the scene I had the urge to share it with people, because it is the nerdiest thing a nerd would do. Ha. 

So happy. 

So many books, so little time. - Frank Zappa

And yes, of course, the standard uplifting message would be this :


But too many people wrote about it already. I want to relate more to the smallest thing mentioned in the movie. The basic, the normal day-to-day thing, just sitting enjoying books without the need to worry about anything in the whole wide world.

-

Anyway, I will watch Imaginur alone at the cinema this morning. I hope I have something to write later! 

Post Comment
Post a Comment