Little Stories 252 - That Tiny Grey Hair

July 06, 2023

Last weekend during Raya Haji:


While combing my hair I saw a strand of silvery hair below my right ear. I picked up my glasses, and I touched the silvery hair, it was definitely my hair, not a thread, not Awan's fur. My very first grey hair, around 2 inches long, was there for a while now perhaps waiting for me to discover it. 

I never found any grey hair before, and for me, it was my first.


Not surprised, it was bound to happen any day now considering I'm already 36. Not sad, because I'm comfortable with the idea of looking older as time passes. Not to say that I'm extremely excited, because who would get excited about your body getting older. 


But, it's just my first invite to the club and I gleefully accepted it open hands, because who would have thought I would survive this long - so for me it's a celebration of life, and I'm grateful to be here. 

Post Comment
Post a Comment