Little Story 247 : First 2023 Flu

February 09, 2023


Yissh, we are fighting our first flu of the year. First, it was Sofi, then Af started getting sick, and now it is my turn. Day 4 of sore throat, sleepless night, and day 2 of a really bad runny nose. I thought I'd be celebrating my freedom by doing something fun for myself, but I'm stuck with a tissue up on my nostril. I had to put a small container on my table next to me to throw all the used tissues because it keep on coming fast. Usually, the flu takes a longer time to get cleared kan, I can't remember when was the last time we caught the flu. 


Yesterday I tried sleeping at 830 pm, then I tossed and turned until almost 12 am because it was uncomfortable. I'm tired right now, I just sent a draft to a client but I know I won't get my rest if I go lie down. I don't even feel like reading :F 


-


Sickness aside. Today I managed to finish listening up to "Lean Your Loneliness Slowly Against Mine by Klara Hveberg and I also finished reading a graphic novel series called "Mamo" by Sas Milledge, because they were that good. I'm thankful for a clear mind during the flu season. 


I'm actually having a reading pattern that I don't want to explain to anyone. I have these specific books or writings that I'm searching for to understand certain things that I want to explore. In order to find these books, I have to keep on reading - because that's the only way. So maybe that's why I read/listen to so many books lately, or maybe I'm just obsessed with writing. 


-


Right now it's raining heavily and I'm sitting at my desk again. Sofi cried 3 times in the past 2 hours because like I said, flu is very uncomfortable. 

Maybe I should try to rest now. 

Good rest, you. 


-


Image by Alexei Scutari, Unsplash.

Post Comment
Post a Comment