DIY : Body & Lips Scrub

January 23, 2015

I have a bad skin, easily irritated by :
  • sweat
  • commercial stuffs eg: make-ups, soap, detergent
  • hormonal season - acne

My skin can vary between being too oily on some part of my face and too dry on some part of my body. I tried drinking juice every morning, also drink 2-3 bottles of water every day, take vitamin C supplement, being picky on what I put on my face and what I eat, I also own oil-blotter all the time. Name it, I can be considered taking care too much or too little, but nothing really help much. 

It's genetic, really. Some people are born with good skin, some people are not born with good and healthy skin, it's not that we don't really care on beauty regime. What I can do is control some things, so the effect won't be too bad. 

*


So I always have to find ways to make some organic things on my own. Internet is the best place to learn almost anything. This time, I tried making my own body & lips scrub because boy, the price of one small bottle of commercial body scrubs in Guardian and Watson are between RM10- RM30. Plus, there are too much of weird chemical names in the ingredient that make me feel uncomfortable :F

*


Note :
I use everything that I can have from my kitchen, except for lemon, that's RM 1 each. After few drops used to be added in the body scrub, I put the remaining lemon into a bottle of water for detox. Most of the western people claim that the best oil are olive and coconut oil, it's almost true, but our country produces palm oil that is almost as good as other vegetable oils in market. 

Mix everything in a bowl and pour it in a bottle. You can keep it in the fridge and take it out 1/2 hour before you take shower - so it won't be too cold. Use body scrub once or twice every week, to exfoliate your skin. Perhaps you can reduce your bills on these items that you can do yourself. 

*



*


*


*

This is how it looks :


I love the light smell of honey and rosemary.

*



Ingredients in one of commercial brand's body scrub - example :
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-39, Parfum, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Benzophenone-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, CI 17200, CI 42090, CI 19140.

Kan, it's just too much of big names for such a simple thing O.o
So maybe you can try make one yourself.

Post Comment
Post a Comment