Book : Carloz Ruiz Zafon

September 25, 2013

I found this from Amanda Patterson,
on Carloz Ruiz Zafon, one of my favorite writer :

His trilogy The Shadow of the Wind, The Angel's Game and The Prisoner of Heaven are my favorite. It's hard to find a writer who writes about the love for books and appreciates it like any other love. He wrote in such a way that the art of reading itself is something so pure, beautiful and deserves to be mentioned. Like writing about the love for between human, art or food, and explaining it in a way that touches someone's heart.  

As a book addict, I feel connected with what he wrote.

The Top 10 Ruiz Zafón Quotes About Books :-
  1. Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens. 
  2. Few things leave a deeper mark on the reader, than the first book that finds its way to his heart. 
  3. I was raised among books, making invisible friends in pages that seemed cast from dust and whose smell I carry on my hands to this day. 
  4. In the shop we buy and sell them, but in truth books have no owner. Every book you see here has been somebody’s best friend.
  5. I stepped into the bookshop and breathed in that perfume of paper and magic that strangely no one had ever thought of bottling. 
  6. I had never known the pleasure of reading, of exploring the recesses of the soul, of letting myself be carried away by imagination, beauty, and the mystery of fiction and language. For me all those things were born with that novel.
  7. Bea says that the art of reading is slowly dying, that it’s an intimate ritual, that a book is a mirror that offers us only what we already carry inside us, that when we read, we do it with all our heart and mind, and great readers are becoming more scarce by the day. 
  8. There are worse things than a prison of words. 
  9. That book taught me that by reading, I could live more intensely. It could give me back the sight I had lost. For that reason alone, a book that didn’t matter to anyone changed my life. 
  10. I leafed through the pages, inhaling the enchanted scent of promise that comes with all new books, and stopped to read the start of a sentence that caught my eye.
Other books on the love for book & the art of reading :
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Matilda by Roald Dahl
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink

Post Comment
Post a Comment