Little Things 9 : Book vs Facebook

January 19, 2012

I found an interesting paragraph while reading The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari :

The word I'm speaking of is passion, and it is a word you must constantly keep at the forefront of your mind as you follow your mission and attain your goals. A burning sense of passion is the most potent fuel for your dreams. Here, in our society we have lost our passion. We do not do things because we love to do them. We do things because we feel we have to do them. This is a formula for misery. And I am not speaking of romantic passion, although this is another ingredient for a successful, inspired existence. What I am talking about is a passion for life. Reclaim the joy of waking up every morning, full with energy and exhilaration. Breathe the fire of passion into all that you do. You will quickly reap great materials, as well as spiritual, rewards.
From tonight onwards, take complete control of your life. Decide, once and for all, to be the master of your fate. Run your own race. Discover your calling and you will start to experience the ecstasy of an inspired life. Finally, always remember that what lies behind you and what lies in front of you is nothing when compared to what lies within you. 

My sister was sitting next to me while I was reading this. I asked her to read it, because I found it interesting. But she said :

Ala, I'm so lazy. Can't you just post it in your facebook status? I'll read it there.

There goes the future extinction of books. 

*

Post Comment
Post a Comment