Run - Some Running Accessories

October 10, 2023

It's been more than 5 years since my last running event, so I had to buy some stuff to prepare for my half-marathon. 


The Shoes

Late-late-late.

I ordered new shoes to replace my overworn shoes 6-weeks before my half marathon. I chose *almost the same shoes as before but a more recent version, from Al-Ikhsan. It was posted the next day, and I received it within 3 days. 


It's the Nike Flex Run 11 (Al-Ikhsan got 20% off). I didn't want to take too much time in picking up shoes, so I just chose the one that worked for me. This is my 3rd time buying almost exactly the same pair of shoes in the past 5 years - I think I have a problem with always sticking with one thing that works for me. 




-


My current shoes My Now-Old Shoes:

I think I got it as a present in 2021 from my sister to replace the one that I bought in 2017:



So she basically just bought a new one to replace the old ones, almost the same design (Nike Flex 9). With normal wear, it lasted up to 3 years (I didn't run that much but I use it for any outdoor activities). The sole is now pretty worn down and it gets slippery. Now that it's rainy season again, I think I need to be prepared for wet paths.  


Look at those over-worn shoes, much loved and appreciated. It now fits nicely to my feet (like a comfy sweater) but it is slippery now it gets dangerous when used. I can Marie-Kondoed it later now that it served its function to the very last ♥♥♥ 



I hope 5-weeks is enough to "break in" the new shoes and adapt. 

(à«­ 。•̀ ᵕ •́。 )à«­ ganbatte~

-


Military Tag

I also custom-ordered a military tag from Malaysia Military Tag. On this tag, there is some basic important info about me and also an emergency contact behind the tag. So if anything happens during a running practice alone, a running event, or during my travels, I hope this will be useful. I watched too much of Grey's Anatomy to know the importance of some sort of reliable identification, I don't want to be a Jane Doe.


It is stainless steel, so it should be able to deal with so much sweats :F I also ordered a small keychain version with my name + number and inserted it in my bag in case it went missing.



-

I also bought a running pouch because the zipper on my old one was broken and can't be fixed anymore. Also probably want to try wearing a hat to see whether I can deal with sunlight better when I practice. Other than that, everything else is just my everyday stuff:




Post Comment
Post a Comment