Books - Halfway through 2022

July 08, 2022
Photo by Cristina Gottardi, Unsplash

It's July now, more than half of 2022 already.

I still read and listen to books, almost religiously lately. 

The book slump is over. 

By now I've finished 53 books.


-


My current read :

  • physical book : just finished The Silent Patient by Alex Michealides
  • audio book : Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney
  • ebook on kindle : Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown

My favorite ones this year :
  • The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - I haven't enjoyed YA fiction for so long. This book is written in short chapter, so it was easy to keep on reading just to finish a chapter, nothing worth remembering, just pure entertainment. 
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller - Beautiful prose, simple innocent love story.
  • I'll Show Myself Out by Jessi Klein - Relatable mommy story, this book make me feel seen and connected and not alone. 
  • A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara - Just a 700 pages of beautiful & painful stories of these 4 boys throughout their life.
  • Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman - Beautiful prose and a nice fiction to enjoy for the day, I think I finished it in a day or two. 
  • The Unseen Body by Jonathan Reisman - Nice anecdotes during his medical years, I love reading about medical-related experience. No medical jargon, easy to read for normal people like me. 
  • How to Make Disease Disappear by Dr Rangan Chatterjee - I love nutrition, I love his easy to follow guide in life, I followed his podcast on Youtube afterwards and enjoyed his free content there.
  • The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by VE Schwab - Same as Magic Lessons, it has a lot of beautiful prose and enjoyable fiction of the day. This book made me think for several days. 
  • Any non-fiction books by Ann Patchett - I read them all. 
-

I love it.
I love the entertainment, I love finding good stories, I love reading beautiful prose, I love discovering great authors, I love anecdotes, I love the written words. I wish I can get access to any books that I want, I wish books are cheaper, I wish I can borrow and exchange books more than I've been doing now. 

This year I read a lot of fiction, essays, parenting and health related books. 

Moving forward, I want to borrow more books to read and possibly read more classics. I think I need more reader friends to exchange/borrow books. Anyone ?

Post Comment
Post a Comment