Book : Big Bad Wolf Dec 2015

December 17, 2015

Last week on Tuesday we stopped by at Big Bad Wolf after work :D
There were a lot of plans throughout the whole week - and we didn't even have time to run or workout, but we managed to spend around 1 hour at BBW, Mines Convention Center :


*

Compared to the previous years, I think I found more familiar books than I expected. There were Nick Hornby, Jodi Picoult, Neil Gaiman, Orhan Pamuk, Stephen King, Salman Rushdie, Stieg Larsson, Audrey Niffeneggar, Kim Edwards, Khaled Hosseini and so many more. Even though I read almost all of those books, I'm still glad because at least many people can have the chance to buy those affordable books this time :D

For me, I managed to buy :
  • Chronicle of Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, RM 8
  • Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, RM 8
  • Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman, RM 8
  • The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak, RM 8
  • The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, RM 8
  • The Little Prince by Antoine Exupery - the special edition with CD read by Viggo Mortensen!, RM 12


I also bought several children books for Af's niece and little siblings ( 2 sticker books + 1 bookset with a panda + squeaky bath book ). They were all so cheap T^T 

I spent around RM 100 for all those books.
Worth the money spent ! 

I spent the night later to plastic-wrapped all the books and reorganize my bookshelves. It's not quite ready for new books but I managed to find some extra space to put them in for now :( I can't wait for a new huge book case for my expanding book family. 

*

On the final day of the BBW event on Monday, we went there for the 2nd time :D I promised Af that it would be a quick-scan-thing, but I think we spent almost an hour, again :



This time, I found :
  • Daily Rituals by Mason Currey, RM 10
  • Silent House by Orhan Pamuk, RM 10
  • Stieg & Me by Eva Gabrielson, RM 8
  • In a Strange Room by Damon Galgut, RM 8

I spent  almost RM 40 this time.
*

I was so happy when I found this book. I've been wanting this since it came out but I didn't buy it because it was too pricy *even if I buy it online. But I bought this for only RM 10 at BBW ! I started reading this blog that compiles all the daily habits of awesome people in the world - architects, musicians, filmmaker, writers, philosophers, etc. But the guy stopped writing and published the book instead :(


*

If you are into the Millennium trilogy aka "The Girl in the Dragon Tattoo", about the sudden death of Stieg Larsson after he sent his manuscript to be published and never knew how popular it will be, about his 32 years life partner - Eva and how she got nothing out of it because they weren't married, and all the book's rights were given to his not-even-close father and step brother - that they later paid other writer to co-write the 4th book that just came out several months back *whathehell.. 

Then this is your type of book, because it tells the story from Eva's side.

My current read :


I can't thank you BBW enough for all the awesome books for this event. 

*

Oh, I also got 2 RM 10 vouchers for Unity ASEAN Lantern & Music Show in Mines. I can't wait ! The event started on the 11th Dec 2015 until 22nd Feb 2016, 7.30 - 12pm and it opens on public holidays, Fridays and weekends :D


*
Post Comment
Post a Comment