Little Things 95 : Little Garden

October 19, 2013

I spent some time at Dad's last tuesday.
My dad loves plants and animals - the effort and time he spent to take care of them always leave me with odd feelings of both amaze and envy. He has an amazing nursery behind his house and another one in Dengkil. 

How can a person take a great care of plants and animals with so much love ? 

*

I remember things he taught us about plants and gardening when we were much younger. Although we hated it at that time. The weekly activity spent at that time was the last thing we wanted to do on lazy Sunday morning. It was hot and sweaty, and I didn't find any reasons to agree on things he said - kids being kids. 



*

I remember one particular moment when my dad let us choose any flower/fruit/veggie and plant the seed ourselves. I chose watermelon and every afternoon after school, I'll stop by to take a look before entering the house, to see if there were any improvements. It got bigger and bigger by days. When it was ready, Bibik helped me pick it up and cut it. It was halfway red and white, it was not so juicy nor sweet. But that was the most exciting fruit experience I've ever encounter in my life :D 


*




*


3 comments on "Little Things 95 : Little Garden"