Mini Escapism : Days in Melaka

August 08, 2017

We needed a short break from work.
I wanted to go to Ipoh but we only had 3 days because we had to attend my cousin's wedding on the weekend, so we decided to go to Melaka again (it is one of the nearest anyway).

But I went to Melaka so many times and just several months back, I stayed in Melaka for almost a week for the Melaka travelogue project. During that time, I tried so many stuffs, I went to so many places, I ate so many local foods. So, this trip wasn't as exciting as I anticipated :( We didn't really know what else to do other than beach-walk and eat !

Things we did in Melaka :
  • walked in Dataran Pahlawan and Jonker Street area
  • tried the Asam Pedas dish near Taming Sari Food court area 
  • went to Mamee Museum for a nice Ais Kacang ❤
  • window shopping in Dataran Pahlawan
  • went to Coconut Shake in Batu Berendam ❤
  • sat at the beach of Pantai Klebang ❤
  • dinner at Umbai seafood
  • walked in Jonker Street at night 
*

Af compiled this video yesterday :

ESCAPISM #14 from Farik Karim on Vimeo.

*

Here's a detailed post on places we went and foods we ate :

Mamee Jonker Street

Our main stop would be : Mamee Jonker Street. I think I've been here 3-4 times since Mrs Lim told us about this place. She brought us to several other places that you can find nice cendol/ice-kacang in Melaka and this is my favorite !

I love their ais kacang and cendol ❤

If you are like me : you like the taste of evaporated milk more than gula melaka, you will definitely like their cendol and ice-kacang :D The place is a bit underrated, because I'm pretty sure people hardly go to Mamee Jonker Street to try their cendol/ais kacang. I wouldn't, if Mrs Lim didn't tell us about the foods there.

Ais Kacang + Matcha Latte

*

Coconut Shake in Batu Berendam

And instead of bringing Af to the famous coconut shake in Klebang Beach, I suggested to go to Batu Berendam instead (this is also Mrs. Lim's idea). I love their coconut shake special and the free-flow of coconut water. You can also try their Yong Tau Fu

Here's the map :



*

Klebang Beach

We didn't do anything much. The weather was nice when we arrived. We sat around on our mat that we brought from home, taking videos and pictures before the rain came an hour later.

Klebang Beach

Klebang Beach

Klebang Beach

*

Ikan Bakar Parameswara, Umbai

We went to Umbai Beach after we finished taking photos and videos in Klebang Beach (around 45 minutes drive). The weather was really bad, it was super windy and dark. We went here just for the seafood galore :D Instead of going to the famous Umbai Seafood, we went to the other seafood restaurant : Ikan Bakar Parameswara.

We ordered for nasi lemak (AF), kerang rebus and sotong celup tepung because we weren't that hungry after our short stop at Coconut Shake Batu Berendam just few hours before. I think I like the foods in Kedah & Bagan Lalang much better.

Umbai Beach

We also found this man-made long wooden boardwalks near the restaurant :

Umbai Beach

Here's the map :



*

From the look-out point on the highway
(if you like to do random stops) :

Look-out Point

*

This trip felt so short because we went out on the afternoon and arrived in Melaka around 3 pm on that Thursday and went back home on the afternoon of Saturday. If I count by the hour, it was just a 48 hours visit in Melaka. 

Hopefully we can plan more mini escapisms soon.

Post Comment
Post a Comment