BB - Sofi almost 4

May 16, 2023

She makes up her own songs, she prefers to play with people, she loves colouring a lot, and she still loves to organize her stuff, Sofi loves makeup and plays dress-ups, she loves shiny-glittery-princessy things, she loves people, she is very friendly, but she has a hard time communicating due to her speech limitation. 


She is clingy with me and a bit of a drama queen, maybe because she still thinks that the world revolves around her. We mostly speak to her in English and Malay, but she speaks to us in English. 


Her current trend is wearing illustrated plaster, new ones, every day, she would say: "I want new stick", and her latest interest is the cool-fever gel-sheet on her forehead, she would come to me and do fake cough, "koh koh, Sofi batuks, fever, body hot, I want honey, I want stick" then she pointed on her forehead. 


-


Last weekend we went to Nilai to have breakfast with her Tokma & Atuk, then we followed them while they went to the kitchen appliances shopping section. At first, Sofi just played around with her new toy pony, Sunny, but then she saw a unicorn lunch box set and she fell in love with the set. I didn't want to buy her one, so I said, "go ask your Tokma". 


Then she dragged my mom and showed her the lunch box set, she explained in her own language how much she loved and needed the lunch box. In her own language, mind you, my mom didn't understand her, I did. I just observed and was amazed by how much confidence she had in asking for something from my mom. MY MOM, not her mom. Even I don't have that much confidence in asking something from my own mother. 


When we asked whether she can have the individual set instead, like the individual pink bottle with the smaller pink container, she said that the container will be too small for her morning bread at school: "no, roti big, this is small", then she sighed. Sofi is not even 4 yet, and she sighed in disappointment? 


I was dumbstruck, so I just observed from their side, watching something so new to me. As I hardly see my mother and my toddler communicate due to her speech limitation and lack-off spending time doing activities together.


Post Comment
Post a Comment