Books : January List

February 05, 2018
What? I failed last year's book challenge? 
That's okay. This year I started early for my 31-book challenge and I chose a different approach to find a nook in my life that offers a space for written words. I chose audio books and novel graphics, because I can't no longer find time to actually read (I'm always busy surviving). 

If you want a list of places I listened to my audio books + podcast, 


*

So by the time January ended, I finished 14 books (I'm surprised too) , and currently I'm reading 2 more ongoing books. Most of the time, each book takes around 1-2 days, but heavy + long books take around 3-7 days. 

Audio books are not for everybody, but I know it kinda work for me. When I was a student, I need to doodle to focus in the class, I would day-dream if I do nothing else but listen to lectures. My way of focusing in class was by doing something else (which was a bit weird - no one agree on multi-tasking being better than focus solely on one thing, right ? ). But it did for me : I need morning caffeine + something to doodle on. That was how I survived lectures.

*

Books/Audio Book/Essay/Novel Graphic :
  1. You & A Bike & A Road - Elianor Davis
  2. Anthem - Ayn Rand
  3. Porcelain & Pink - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  4. The Sense of an Ending - Julian Barnes
  5. The Book of Tea - Kakuzo Okakura
  6. The Little Book of Contentment - Leo Babauta
  7. The Ghost - Robert Harris
  8. What Language is That - Uwem Akpan
  9. The Noticer - Andy Andrews
  10. The Light Princess - George McDonald
  11. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - Robin Sloan
  12. Cici's Journal - Joris Chamblain x Aurelie Neyret
  13. Mathilda - Mary W. Shelley
  14. Seriously...I'm Kidding - Ellen Degeneres



*

My favorite books in January : 
  • Seriously...I'm Kidding - Ellen is funny, her book was funny, I laughed, and any books that managed to make me feel something are great.
  • You & a Bike & a Road - a visual journal by Elianor Davis when she did a solo cross-country on bike. It was very impressive. I love how she showed her struggles and flaws and insecurities, it was beautiful.



*

How was your January ?
4 comments on "Books : January List "
  1. my january - pathetic.

    -miss belon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I love how expressive you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. january was super hectic & felt like the longest month somehow.
    oh, i didn't manage to finish the book i'm currently reading (i'm a super slow reader)

    ReplyDelete