Travel : Melaka

August 06, 2012

*

Hello !

Last weekend I went to our historical town, Melaka. The original idea was to go to Umbai and eat super delicious seafoods for iftar but it was dragged to a 2 days 1 night stay instead. A short vacation on weekend. The fun part is knowing I've been having a short vacation in Melaka every year since 2010! 

This time we walked around the town during fasting month and boy that was challenging. We barely see Malays walking around in the town. Anyhow, we stayed at Hotel Johan, next to shopping complexes, ATMs, shops etc. For me, it was above comfortable, and I loved the free WiFi access! Although there was a construction been going on next to our hotel, it didn't really bother me that much.

Hotel Johan, Melaka

*

We walked around the town for awhile before going to Umbai, just to have a taste of what we will be having on Sunday. If it's not because of the heat, I would probably jumping up and down those building excitedly. How can anyone hate old buildings? 





Kak Long, naik beca, naik beca~

*

Next, to Umbai Ikan Bakar, near Umbai Beach. Where it smelt of beach and something bad. We were there quite early to choose our dishes resulting one hour of strolling around the area. Boats were lining up, saw people waiting for fisherman to bring fresh fishes from the sea, kids playing while waiting for iftar, my stomach sang the song of its life.








*

We walked around the Jonker Street at night for a couple of hours before they packed up and gone with as many rubbish on the street as usual Pasar Malam around in my hometown. Sheesh, Malaysian, come on. There were beautiful colours around this town at night. I wish I wasn't not so tired.



*

Pictures were taken by using :
Lumix LX 3
I  hate watermarks, 
so please be informed that all this pictures are mine, 
thank you.

Post Comment
Post a Comment