Little Stories 11 : In Numbers . 2

June 21, 2012

2.4km, that's how far I walked back home today. If I go on with the same routine, I'll be reaching my goal in a week.  *again using RunKeeper application to keep track.

Have I ever mentioned that I am quite obsessed with numbers? Although I don't like calculations, I do like to keep track, in numbers! 

Random example :
I count books that I've read since 2003, that is 292 books and counting.
555 days working with the lab.
Most of my posts are numbered according to their categories.
I played my songs in iTunes according to the number they have been played, because I know the most played songs are songs that I love to repeat over and over again, which means I love them so much. Make sense?

*

so it reminds me of :

The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Grown-ups like numbers. 
When you tell them about a new friend, they never ask questions about what really matters. They never ask: "What does his voice sounds like?" "What games does he likes best?" "Does he collects butterflies?". 

They ask: "How old is he?" "How many brothers does he have?" "How much does he weigh?" "How much money does his father make?" 

Only then do they think they know him.
Post Comment
Post a Comment