Little Things 235 : Wandering Soul & Past Life

June 20, 2017

This is my carefully curated playlist since 2014 on Spotify : Wandering Soul.
I posted this in this blog before: the playlist is packed with mellow and relaxing songs that gives a serene solitary feeling *at least to me la. I've been adding songs that I found over these 3 years, so I'm bored with most of the top songs in the lists because I've listened to them repeatedly. 

You can listen to the playlist during your travels, or 'alone time', because I specifically set the mood to that while listening to this playlist. Thus the name 'wandering soul' - the ones that feel like they've been wandering on this earth, not knowing what home is. 

*

Here is my favorite cover song last week :



Note : That's Kina Grannis' husband.

Old Songs :

I started to develop a personal likings to old songs since I was 14. Before that, I mostly listened to what my older sister had in her collection. Like the boy bands : BSB, N'Sync, 911, Westlife, etc.

I secretly listened to all my mom's & dad's collection and started to scan through what I thought I would like to hear again. 'Secretly' because I was a teenager, and being a teenager - we automatically want to blend in and be accepted, it wasn't normal for a young teenager to like old granny songs during that time. So I had 2 lives - the normal teenager and the old granny. My siblings used to call 'Lagu2 Reen' or 'Lagu pagi Ahad' because I usually put it on speaker on Sunday morning.

I have no idea how these songs feel more connected to me than current hype songs of my days : my hypothesis is that I did live in those years before this, they were the songs of my previous live ! :D Or else, I'm not sure how to explain the emotional feelings triggered every time I listened to those songs :F

Here is my 'Past Life' playlist on Spotify.


Post Comment
Post a Comment