Books : Fight Club

June 27, 2015
*

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
*

I watched the movie much later than I should have.
I think it was last year, just because I was too bored and decided to check out David Fincher's movie. I was hooked. Then I promised myself to read any of Chuck Palahniuk's books,  just to see whether the book is any better than the movie. I got the book 2 weeks ago and I started reading it. 

Let's just say that I appreciate the idea of the story. I really do, it turned into some twisted mind-blowing ending mixing with spiritual self-discovery themed story. I loved the movie, but I didn't like the writing. It did hit people with awesome advises about life and mental note of how fucked-up the whole system is. 

As a writer, Chuck Palahniuk's messages are awesome and I like it. 
But his writing in Fight Club wasn't up to my standard. It felt like he wrote it out of anger.
I have Invisible Monster that I borrowed from my boss, see if this book is any good.

*

PS : And I found this : Granta, with writings from Haruki Murakami : Thailand, A Walk to Kobe, The Seventh Man, and Lederhosen. If you don't know yet, well, Murakami loves to write short stories, they are like little stories that came out randomly from his weird universe.

2 comments on "Books : Fight Club"
  1. i sat down in Borders the other day reading the beginning pages of Fight Club. i really wanted to finish it TT__TT WHAT IS MONEY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy, do you want to borrow my book?
      I finished it :D

      Delete