Illustration : Hotaru Tomoe

February 19, 2015

*

I grew up reading a lot of Manga. I could even say that I learned how to draw by imitating a lot of drawing from those Manga. Sailormoon, Akira Toriyama's, XXXHolic, Bleach, Junji Ito's, Hunter x Hunter, Oh Dewi!, Chobits, and so much more. Us siblings even have several boxes of comics & mangas collected during our teenage years. 

I remember one of my earliest manga : Sailormoon. Aja started collecting them when I was 8 or 9 years old. I read those manga front to back so many times. My personal favorite character would be this young mysterious quiet girl named Hotaru Tomoe, later known as Sailor Saturn. I guess I liked her back then because she was reserved and intelligent - she quoted so many big-words quotes at young age, and I'm forever in love with knowledgeable and intelligent characters. Hah.

Even my first email created was : hotaru_tomoe87 (>,<), and sometimes when I need to use any fake names for quick online registration, I still use Hotaru

*

Other smart and intelligent fictional characters that I love :
  • Rory Gilmore - from Gilmore Girls
  • Charlie - from Heroes *she's not even a prominent character, just in 1 episode
  • Detective Conan - from the manga
  • Lisbeth Salander - from The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo
  • Hermione Granger - from Harry Potter
6 comments on "Illustration : Hotaru Tomoe"
  1. Homaii azreen.rory is my fave too.she makes reading and intelligence so cool. I can write pages and pages jst talking bout whats there to like bout the gilmorea and stars hollow.

    And yes. I like jess more than dean *blushed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kannn. Yea, totally agree. I grew up wishing I could read and be as smart as her. Cool-nerd.

      And who wouldn't fall for a guy in bookshop and library, hiding between book shelves plus bring and read books all the time - and even finally wrote one. I vote for Jess forever <3

      Delete
  2. I can't recall which one is Hotaru Tomoe a.k.a Sailor Saturn because I'm not a big fan of Sailor Moon (I'm One Piece and Dragon Ball fan) but your list...I definitely fall in love in those characters especially Rory and Hermione Granger!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee. Yess, team super-intelligent people !

      Delete
    2. *high five*
      Dalam One Piece my favorite character is Nico Robin. She is reserve, quite, intelligent and have a quirky sense of humor. But I love her..she is an archaeologist
      Oh, and Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal mind too!!
      .

      Delete
    3. When I was 15, I wanted to be an archaeologist, but I am more interested in human's psychology. The human's mind is wayyy challenging than the what's in the past and I had a self-argument between learning about the past and what's currently here. :F

      But gosh, archaeologist and criminologist are as tasty as any nerds out there.

      Delete