Review : BookDepository to Malaysia



Yeay! 2 weeks ago I ordered this book from depositorybooks and it arrived last weekend from the UK.

With :
1. Free shipping
2. Fast delivery
3. Discount

*

This is my second attempt with depositorybooks. I've been searching for online websites that sell books and offers free shipping, and depositorybooks caught my eyes. Several months ago, I ordered 2 discounted graphic books from depositorybooks but it never arrived. After 2 months of waiting, I reported to them about my books and got full refund in a week. Pretty neat. No fuss.

Email I received :
Dear Azreen,
I am very sorry to hear that your order has not yet arrived; As this is clearly overdue we are happy to offer you a refund or a replacement whichever you prefer? 
Kind Regards,
Customer Advisor

*

2 weeks ago, I decided to try it again. I was not convinced that their management is bad, because I've read several good reviews about this website *and they offer free shipping! Who would refused to that? So I ordered again anyway.  I was willing to give a second chance to answer my curiosity! :E

Payment made via Paypal and credited to maybank2u, which was super easy. Postage fees = free. Ordered, confirmed and waited. It arrived home after 2 weeks. Satisfied :)

*

Amazon doesn't do any shipping to Malaysia, which is really annoying. Imagine having to be rejected by Audible.com *subscribe online audio books, because I am from Malaysia. They don't even have to post the audio books to me, it's completely digital, what's with the address rejection? It annoys me. Maybe they would rather having me downloading it from Torrent than pay for renting fees. If Amazon doesn't do international shipping to Malaysia, I don't even have to start on overpriced shipping cost, do I? They also only accept credit cards. I feel secured using Paypal than credit cards.

*

MPHonline does offers discounts on books. But the shipping price will make your books priced the same as buying from the bookstore. So what's the point of buying books from virtual bookstores? So I stopped using MPHonline afterwards. + books variation is also limited. No fun.

*

Anyhow, I did read some bad comments on depositorybooks. So, it depends on your luck! Just be patience, they offer full refund, you won't lose anything and you'll gain experience. Try to take from the good side of everything :)

15 comments on "Review : BookDepository to Malaysia"
  1. Azreen, do you mean http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ ? Or is this another website?

    (I've only had experience with the site ordering from the UK. And found them to be excellent. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Aneesah, that's the one!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Azreen,

    I've never bought from bookdepository. but i have bought from mphonline a few times, and I got my Hunger Games trilogy from there at a discounted price, plus some other items, and the total plus shipment is more cost-saving than buying them off the rack. I usually will buy a few items so that I'll only pay for the shipping fee once.

    For mphonline, if you buy more than RM180 worth of items, they will waive the shipping fee of RM7, so if you wanna get something worth at least that much, go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about the currency? ringgit to pound i presume? how is that possible? mind to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just use xe.com to check on the pricing in Ringgit.
      They also use USD, but most books got discounts,
      so it is cheaper than what you have here, locally (*sbb no shipping fees+discount).

      Delete
  5. How is the book quality ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book's quality?
      The same as those books in the bookstores - they are same books after all.

      Delete
  6. hi �� i kinda need help here. i know it offers a free delivery but is there any additional fee like tax from malaysia or sth ??? thanks ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no extra fee or tax. Just pay for the book <3

      Delete
  7. hi..recently i brought book from them. Nearly 1 month ,i still not received the book.They ask me to check local sorting office.how to check?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, usually if the postman came and can't give the parcel to you, they will leave a note saying that you need to pick it up at the nearest local official postoffice where they keep things, not the small-small post offices.

      And usually it might take 2 weeks to more than a month to arrive from UK.
      I wrote a complain after 2 months overdue and got the refund. So maybe you need to wait several more weeks, perhaps? :)

      Delete
  8. I've only started using TBD and I'm still waiting for my parcel to arrive, although it has already been 2 weeks (but I hear some goes up to 3 weeks, so I'll wait a little more :P ).

    As for MPHonline, this is my second time using their service and I really liked it, once you become a MoRewards member (you have to buy up to RM 120 books and you are automatically signed up as member in your next purchase that lasts for a year), the shipping fee is waived and plus their discounts, I would say it's pretty worth it too. The only downside is their limited book titles, but other than that, their service is great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used TBD so many times by now I lost count :D
      Their books are always on offer, shipping is forever free.
      It takes time for them for the shipping process, but I don't mind waiting :D

      I just bought 3 more illustrated children books last month and it arrived safely.
      Hope you received yours !

      Delete
  9. hai. book depository ni pakai pos apa ye kat malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pos Malaysia akan hantar kan ke rumah, tp international post dr UK.

      Delete