Little Stories 251 - A Day Out Jungle Trekking and Enjoying Food

June 08, 2023

Taman Tugu :

It was suggested by Ms Chin in April, planned in May and finally, we went there last Thursday on the 1st of June. 


Taman Tugu is located near Taman Tasik Perdana (one of my fav parks), how come I didn't know about this place before - that's a mystery. We arrived there and started our first trekking around 8.30 am and finished it after around 2.5 hrs. 


There are 5 trails in Taman Tugu and we tried 4 of them. We spent around 2 hours trekking on those trails. If you want an easy trail, you can try the blue trail, if you want a longer trail, you can try the green-yellow-white-red trails combined. There are lots and lots of high steps so hiking sticks would be a great plus, but it is also manageable without one. 


Here is my ninja attire, obviously not suitable for jungle trekking but looks cool nonetheless: 


It is a nicely planned, clean, and calm place, with well-designed facilities like toilets, shower stalls, surau, and rest areas equipped with fans, tables, and long benches. Also, a souvenir desk, if you need to buy something like drinks or souvenirs, all the money collected from the sales will be used to maintain the park. There's also a Taman Tugu Cafe near the entrance, but you need to drive down from the main entrance.



I missed this. I used to do this with Af many times before Sofi. Outing, being in nature, sweating, hiking, or just walking. We stopped doing outdoorsy things after Sofi and the pandemic. So this was great. I enjoyed it so much. 



We went there on a weekday during a school holiday. I asked Af to arrange a play-date for Sofi and his friends' daughters that day so that I could have a free outing day out. 


-


Know know at Kenny Hills :


We didn't know where to lepak to after the trekking, so Miss Chin suggested going to Kenny Hills around 7 mins drive from Taman Tugu. So we went there, with our smelly-sweaty clothes, and we stayed there for an hour or probably more, just talking and enjoying food. Something I miss since becoming a hermit. 


I ordered a smoked salmon and avocado croissant and an almond milk latte:  


I was famished when we arrived. But honestly, the croissant wasn't my fav meal there, had ordered other things better before. The smoked salmon and avocado croissant was quite a filling meal after a 2 hours+ trekking. Protein, healthy fats, fiber and carbs, perfect combo kan. Kahkahkah.

My brother and I already planned ahead to extend the outing and we brought extra shirts to change for our next place. After breakfast, Miss Chin dropped us to the nearest train station, we then took a shuttle bus, train rides, and some walks to our next location in Bukit Bintang. Note: We walked for almost 10 km that day.


-


Pizza Mansion :

I ate my lactase pill just for this. My brother wanted to bring me to Pizza Mansion before raya, and we finally got the time to go there. 


A good walk, good pizza, and good times. 



It is in the middle of Bukit Bintang, just around 10 minutes walk from the train station. A quaint place that offers a nice artisan pizza. It is not Halal certified because the restaurant sells alcoholic beverages, but all pizzas are said to be made Muslim-friendly and only use halal ingredients for their foods. A great place for a date or socializing with friends. 


When we arrived, there were only us and another 2 tables of people dining in. So it wasn't as crowded as we expected (maybe because we arrived before lunch hour during work time). Taste-wise: it was good, and I do recommend going there for their pizza. We tried Magic Mushroom pizza - porcini + truffle cream, button mushroom, fior-di-latte, thyme, Parmigiano, and truffle oil. 

A feast after a long walk !


I think the best thing about this outing was finding a dedicated time to spend some time with my brother alone, because we are at that age that we don't really spend that much quality time together. Maybe I should also do this with my younger sister too. 

Note: Thank you Mi ! 

Post Comment
Post a Comment