Event : The Weekend Event at CAFKL 2023

June 06, 2023

Last weekend I joined CAFKL at The Starling Mall

It didn't even make any sense. I didn't manage to create any new pieces of stuff like I planned, I felt like I made a mistake by booking 2 tables, and didn't feel like going anymore. I was physically in pain and couldn't draw, so there were no last minutes drawings. 


-

I took care of the booth alone, so I spent most of the time reading Frankenstein. Af took care of Sofi during those 2 days I was at the booth. I did meet some of my old fans, but, I think the crowds were much younger and they probably never even heard about me. 


I wasn't anxious this time, which was great considering I was socially anxious in a lot of the previous events. Even with my old stocks (selling for really cheap), I managed to accumulate around RM 1k in those 2 days. So I think that was good - I sold out and gave away a lot of the things that I didn't want to keep anymore.


On the first day, I wore a white kurung and on the second day, I wore full black, in a shirt & jeans. I wish I would meet my fellow illustrators/artists, but, I didn't find that many familiar faces. Also, when I think about it, don't you think it's amazing that when you are surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of unfamiliar faces, most of the time you don't even feel connected to any of them and you just wish you meet that one familiar face, among hundreds of unknown possibilities of connection. You just want that one familiar face and ignore the hundreds. 


Sofi was so well-behaved and she had fun learning how to support local artists :



-

Here was the floorplan and I was at D27-D28 :




Post Comment
Post a Comment