Little Story 243 - The Pixie Cut

July 09, 2022
Photo by Giorgio Trovato, Unsplash


I am 35 and I pixie-cut my hair last month.


I think it would me my first, it's my first time that the hair stylist ever used a hair clipper on my head. I still touch my hair behind my neck because it feels odd, new, alien. My hair is so short, and I'm still surprised when I look at the mirror (it's been 2 weeks). 


It is so easy to wash my hair now, less shampoo and less maintenance. I don't have to comb my hair (well, I hardly do because my hair is naturally so straight and thin, I don't really need a comb before). This is so liberating. The short hair. The last time I cut my hair was during the first lockdown, it was shoulder length and done at home.


When the hair stylist asked me for a sample photo, I showed her Zoe Kravitz's short hair. I said I needed a less maintenance hair, very-short, pixie, and I don't want to have to use products for a hair volume, but I needed my bangs to almost reach my eye-brow because I do still feel insecure about the wide forehead style. 


But eventually I look more like Elliot Page than Zoe Kravitz, Af been jokingly calling me Elliot or whether I'm in a boy band. But I now have hair volume, something I've never had before because my my hair type and I appreciate the chance to see a hair volume on my head even though it does look like a boy's hair. 


Ohh, and I also got hair wash and hair treatment (the firsts to everything). 45 minutes of blissful silence and I read The Inheritance Games the whole way. 


It is still new and odd. 

Sometimes Sofi come to me and touch the hair behind the neck, "short hair" she said. 


-


The hair salon to go : D Aura Spa Salon Muslimah, Putra Walk, Seri Kembangan

2 comments on "Little Story 243 - The Pixie Cut"
  1. Hi. I miss going saloon. I think i need to cut my hair too since nowadays weather at Malaysia so hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short hair especially during 'Malaysian summer' is so needed T^T I'm so glad I decided to cut my hair :D

      Delete