Books - I Finished 12 books in Jan and my Fav One So Far is..

January 31, 2022

I love to start a new year with consuming as many books as I can muster. This year I want to read more fiction, in hope of finding more good stories. Last year I ended 2021 with the best fiction I read in that year : The People of the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara, and then I reread Siddhartha by Herman Hesse because that's one of my fav simple philosophical fiction to wrap up the year. 




Books I consumed in January :

  1. The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V.E.Schwab
  2. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
  3. Three O'Clock in the Morning by Gianrico Carofiglio
  4. The Upstairs House by Julia Fine
  5. Anthem by Ayn Rand
  6. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  7. A Cold Trail by Robert Dugoni
  8. How to Make Disease Disappear by Dr Rangan Chatterjee
  9. The Maidens by Alex Michaelides
  10. These Precious Days by Ann Patchett
  11. The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima
  12. The Unseen Body by Jonathan Reisman, MD
9 fictions, 2 health-related non-fic, 1 essay compilation. 
9 audio books, 2 physical books, 1 digital book.

-

My favorite fiction is The Invisible Life of Addie Larue. I also loved both the health-related non-fictions because I am indeed a very curious person. The essay compilation by Ann Patchett was also very enjoyable. 



Random updates about my life as a book nerd :

  • A borrowed a bunch of books from my ex-English teacher, Miss Chin early this month. So I have physical books to read during the first quarter of 2022. 
  • I read all books I borrowed from @sukhabuku and considering to ask her whether she wants to sell her The Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara so that I can own it and treat it like my own because I think I'm ready to read the beast. 
  • I'm still waiting for Haruki Murakami's paperback - First Singular Person that will come out in April 2022 and I just ordered Carlos Ruiz Zafon's last book - The City of Mist online from Bookdepository.
Here are the books I borrowed from Miss Chin. 
I already finished The Girl on the Train and currently reading The Guest List :



Post Comment
Post a Comment