Little Story 225 : Obikeee

October 29, 2017

So you know about the bike services that they provide all over the city?

We downloaded the app and we used the one in Putrajaya 2 nights ago, we were happy and excited, the night felt exciting after a long day of work. We planned to go to the 'Friday pasar malam' behind the Palace of Justice. So with empty stomach, the three of us rode there from the mosque where we parked the car.


There was no dedicated parking space for the bike near the 'pasar malam'. We decided to : lock the bike at a safe place near the pasar malam, go buy and eat dinner, and later come back for the bike to ride back to our car. So there shouldn't be any issue of leaving the bike all over the place like an irresponsible person. 

We hunted for food, I bought a nice chicken wrap *(later I decided that if I want it healthier, I should ask the one with no mayo, no sauce - because boy, they put way too much in there). Af ate 'nasi berlauk' as predicted and Aja ate 'yong tau fu'. 

We went to our bikes back with a full stomach and happy faces.

Here are problems that came next : 
  • now, to unlock the bike you need to verify your account (*no early notice whatsoever)
  • to verify your account, you need to pay refundable RM 69 through the app
  • we didn't have RM 69 x 3 
  • to leave the bike, means leave the bike at non-dedicated parking spot
  • leave bikes at non-dedicated parking spot means deduct -20 points from your account
  • it also means we need to walk back 2.5km to our car with a full stomach
Happy night turned sour. 
We had to leave the bike like an irresponsible person (Now I understand why some people left their used bicycle at random places. We thought we just need to leave it for 15 minutes and we will come back for it, later to find out we need to pay RM 69 first) 🙁 

And because of how I'm wired and I can be super 'pembaris' about something, I feel bad and super disappointed in myself because I didn't follow the rule and I left the borrowed bicycle at random places :

cool.

Post Comment
Post a Comment