Work Related : Second 30 days in Reckless Life 2.0 as a Freelancer

*

First week :

Friday - Monday (1- 4/4) :
  • I went on a long weekend holiday to prepare for Af's birthday, masak2, house-warming, and birthday celebration. Soo, I didn't work.
  • Freepik 03 : I finished up the files extraction after all my 10 designs were validated and approved.
  • Wondrous Jelly : I designed super-quick poster for Aja's product, Cikedut. They tasted super nice, so I agreed to design it for 2 bottles of her Wondrous Jelly - name so fancy for a multiple layers of dadih :p


*

Tuesday (5/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 2 is shared publicly on Freepik now. I received task 4 yesterday (0/10)
  • Wondrous Jelly : I edited the design into a poster to be shared on social media because they are currently having an event at KUTPM, Cheras :

*

Wednesday (6/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 4 (2/10)
  • Blog : Bought a new layout from Etsy and customized it. This took half a day, and I am a very proud owner of my newly fresh-look blog :D

*

Thursday (7/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 4 (3/10)
  • Wondrous Jelly : Designed the sticker label version for Aja. It can be very hard to design for Aja, because she can't decide. So I created the colourful one, the black + white ones, and she might want the rounded colourful one instead of rectangular B/W instead =.=  

*


Friday (8/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 4 (5/10) - busy, busy, busy.
*


Saturday (9/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 4 (8/10) - I'm doing almost all illustrations for next months' events. I just learned about Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican celebration on the 5th May. I know that cinq is 5 in French - cinq sounds almost the same as cinco so that must be the 5th and mayo sounds a lot like May. Thus, cinco de mayo probably mean the fifth of May :

*

Sunday (10/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 4 (10/10) - All designs submitted to be reviewed :

*

Second week :

Monday (11/4) :


*

Tuesday (12/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 4 amended and approved. I received new task for Task 5.
  • Mostly lazying around : surfing and watching videos.

*

Wednesday (13/4) :
  • Travelogue : My Tokiyo Trip
  • Siti : Label Packaging - combined from AF's and I make a mockup (3 designs) submitted to the client, which is my ex-colleague. The original white + brown packaging on table images were taken from Google, so that weren't mine seeing that this is just a personal project and I wanted her to know how it might look like on the cookie packages. I just added the mockup stickers and patterns as example :


*
Thursday (14/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 5 (2/10)

*

Friday (15/4) :
  • Zanubah : Product photography
  • Freepik : Task 5 (4/10). On this day, I learned about perfecting my vector lines using my wacom tablet. I did a lot of boho/tribal elements for the theme in the current Freepik task, so this helped me practice my stroke. I also learn to create my own brushes as well :

*


Saturday (16/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 5 (6/10) : For today, I had to do 2 animal + farm elements. So I chose to use the continuation for the previous wild life animals that can be downloaded here, and make the farm animal version. I also illustration the flat version for the farm elements. I enjoyed making these little veggies, especially the radishes and carrot. So cuuuuute :<3 :="" font="">

*

Sunday (17/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 5 (10/10) - I managed to submit all the illustrations before the due date. The weirdest task was to illustrate something with the theme : alchemy elements. I kept that for the last one to design. Look at the last one down there, pelik betul. The blue one wasn't in the final colour version, but they already approved all the design :


*

Third Week :

Monday - Wednesday (18-20/4)
  • Holiday - mode
  • Zanubah : Photo editing (149 product pictures) - halfway
  • Siti : Label packaging - amendment from the draft. This is Af's design, I only changed the cookie illustration part. Baked with love :

*

Thursday (21/4)
  • Zanubah : Photo editing (149 product pictures), submitted. I woke up at 4am to finish this up and wrap up this task once and for all :D 
  • Freepik : Task 5 amendments - all submitted
  • Waty : Wedding label sticker. And because she helped me a lot when I got married, I do this for free :D I found several decent freepik vectors that can be used for wedding theme label, and customized from there. I love the third one here, but Aja seems to like the one I did for #wushaf with the doodle-like illustration =.=' Here's an update : Aja said Waty already designed her label last week because she thought I didn't want to do - miscommunication between both of them. Hapadaaa.

*

Friday (22/4) :
  • Freepik : Task 06 (02/10)
  • Sticker : I printed, cut  and packaged whole batch of stickers, new ones and old ones to restock my inventory. While watching several series of Breaking Bad and latest Grey's Anatomy. I got a booth to open in 2 weeks time :D
*

Saturday (23/4) :
  • Freepik : Amendment Task 05 - hopefully final weyy.
  • Travelogue : My Tokiyo Trip illustration. Colouring mode - to be tested for more options. I still like the monochromatic look, but maybe not so for customers?
  • Sticker : Continued yesterday's work. Getting ready for the event ! All newly printed sticker batch are ready :D Productive !
*

Fourth Week :

Monday (25/4) :
  • Azreenchan : Planning for new artworks to be printed on postcards and stickers. I still haven't decided, I didn't like all the outcomes :(
*

Tuesday (26/4) :
  • I woke up around 2am, I can't sleep because of a stomachache, so I doodled something for my new namecard and several fan-art sketches that I wanted to do for my new stickers :
  • Azreenchan : My own namecards, finally ! I created 2 options for this one : one for booth/event purposes without no. phone number, another one for professional laa sikit, with phone number even though I won't really pick up the phone pun kan :

*

Wednesday (27/4) :
  • Freepik 6 : (05/10)
  • Azreenchan : I created the Sleepyheads greeting card with envelopes and sent it to be printed. I can't wait to see the outcome :F
  • Azreenchan : I also custom-made all my brown packaging for the event. That means I divided big brown paperbag into 2 smaller bags, cut, glued and stamped with my sleepyhead emblems while watching Breaking Bad season 4. I have trouble sleeping lately, thus, working late at night doing hand-made items.

*


Thursday (28/4) :
  • Freepik 6 : (8.5/10) Today was all about freepik illustrations that I've been procrastinating. This time I got a lot of 'love' theme task : Love card, Love Couple, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Wrath =.= It is so hard to do variation of almost same things. But this is 2 of my favorite chibis in the task that will be shared soon :


*

Fridayay (29/4) :
  • Freepik 6 : I freakin' finished all illustrations before today ended ! That means I succeeded in reaching 50 illustrations for this month's invoice - that's not including the extra $$ for more than 1k downloads. I am happy and super satisfied. Going to take this weekend off until the labour day ! :D
  • Freepik 7 : I just received the latest task but I'm not going to deal with it until next month :p
  • I received our namecards ! The Taqbin guy arrived at last and passed me these cards : 

*


Saturday (30/4) :
  • Rest mode.
  • Research + Brainstorm : Raya Packaging 
  • My card has just arrived ! :
2 comments on "Work Related : Second 30 days in Reckless Life 2.0 as a Freelancer"
  1. Salam. Ada terima tempahan sampul raya tak? Kalau terima for 50 pcs macam mana ya u kira?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumusalam Sara,

      Yes, I made some research before this. I found most printing company take custom order for minimum of 500 pieces. So I have no other request yet for sampul raya, maybe I'm not doing it for this year, maybe next year perhaps?

      But if I change my mind, I'll be updating it online on IG and this blog ya :)

      Delete