Little Things 177 : Consumptions

March 29, 2015

Last year I spent around RM700 for books. I counted from all my collected receipts. That's around RM50+ or 1-2 books each month. Maybe I bought around 20 books or more if I count cheap books from Big Bad Wolf or second hand books as well.

This week alone, I read 4 books - 2 newly bought, 2 old books in my keeping, 1 just started last night. I tried not to buy as much books, but most of the time I can't remember how I even paid for them at the counter. It was an impulsive act. I am trying to read free digital copies on my iPhone as well. As much as I want to completely be paper-free and convert to be a digital reader, I still can't find the most effective device to buy and read digital copies. So I keep on buying more physical books. 

*

After some time, my eyes can skim as fast as it needs to collect important words from the text. I wonder when is 'too much' for an individual to consume information. If I can understand my body and muscle's warnings when they get too tired, is it possible for me to detect brain's exhaustion?  

I can live moderately on most of the things around me and I know when the time to stop or slow down.
But, am I secretly living like a greedy person when it comes to consuming knowledge and information? When is the time to say that I need to slow down? If people will gain weight every time we consume information, I might be considered as heavily-obese right now.

There is side-effects on everything if we consume more than we need.
So I wonder what are possible effects on this?

*


This week books :-
Displacement by Lucy Knisley
South of the Border, West of the Sun by H.Murakami
Rework by Basecamp
Damn Good Advide by George Lois
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

Post Comment
Post a Comment