*First written on 10th Jan,
and updated throughout the 3km-challenge.
This year, I'm avoiding running events.
It's time to improvise my goals. I've joined 3km - 12km runs over these couple of years, managed to achieve my yearly total distance goals, and received now too many running shirts. *I actually have 13 running shirts now but less than 8 working shirts that I repeatedly use daily! I CAN'T afford to spend too much money on things that I can actually do freely anymore =.=
So I choose to improve my fitness chart instead :
First Challenge :
Run 3 km under 15 minutes. Based on this chart, a healthy 28 years old female should at least achieve 13:55 for a 3 km run. So I'm aiming for below 15 minutes to reach a 3km run :
- 7 Jan - Duration 20 : 32 - Pace 6:51 min/km - Calories 155
- 9 Jan - Duration 19 : 23 - Pace 6:28 min/km - Calories 157
- 12 Jan - Duration 19 : 17 - Pace 6:26 min/km - Calories 154
- 16 Jan - Duration 18 : 44 - Pace 6:15 min/km - Calories 159
- 21 Jan - Duration 18 : 41 - Pace 6:14 min/km - Calories 159
- 31 Jan - Duration 20 : 39 - Pace 6:54 min/km - Calories 155
- 2 Feb - Duration 18 : 55 - Pace 6:18 min/km - Calories 160
Note : By this time, I think I need to change certain strategies like try the 3 weeks running cycle, vary the tracks and daily routines, because the pace improved only tiny bit. Or maybe I'm being too annoyingly impatient for a result ? So I'm going to add second challenge :
Second Challenge :
Run 5k under 30 minutes. Based on the same chart, I should manage to achieve 24:40 for a 5km run. So I'm going to aim for below 30 minutes to reach 5km in a run :
- 19 Jan - Duration 37 : 47 - Pace 7:33 min/km - Calories 249
- 22 Jan - Duration 33 : 11 - Pace 6:38 min/km - Calories 255
- 26 Jan - Duration 35 : 16 - Pace 7:03 min/km - Calories 256
- 4 Feb - Duration 34 : 34 - Pace 6:55 min/km - Calories 259
- 6 Feb - Duration 35 : 15 - Pace 7:02 min/km - Calories 254
Plus point : Use runkeeper app, it's free and easy to use. You can track your distance and pace. Or you can just use timer - set up a timer using your phone/watch and reach the distance, most running parks in KL have distance indicator.
Why do we run?
Why do we run?
We run from our demons and race to discover our potential. We combat middle age, forget ex-partners and escape the nine-to-five melancholy. We desire to find purpose in pain. We seek strength in solitude. We long for fraternity forged in the wilds. We believe in the power of one foot in front of the other. We love to move, for the joy of exploration knows no bounds. We seek to be humbled by nature’s surreal splendor. We honor our ancestors and our God. We aim to find our limits and push past them.