Event : Running Events 2014 *final update*

December 21, 2014

*

NOTE :
By far, this is one post with overload pictures of me - 
I'm sorry for this narcissistic post, 
this is for my personal yearly running record and yes, 
I record things on my blog :F

*

1. Run for Life, UPM - 8th March 2014, 8 km

Great morning view, first run after 3 months hiatus, overload students :D 
It was rather a normal running activity. I guess after so many events, I am getting used with the hectic excitement. But to keep my list packed, I am still joining 6 crowd-running-events per year. Registered 5 of them throughout the whole year.  


*

2. Milo Breakfast Run 2014 - 20th April 2014, 7 km


I entered my second run this year at Milo Breakfast Run 2014 (*my 9th run in total) . 
7 km run with more than 10,000 registered runners - not including ghost-runners ie; my brother and my friend =.='. All tickets were sold out after several days of online registration activation. I excitedly invited all my siblings last month and tagged all my friends on Facebook - but they procrastinated and missed the chance. Oh well.

Inspired by H.Murukami, I started the run with slow-consistent pace. I didn't stop for 30 minutes, around 4 km by that time. Normally my pace would be slow-fast-walk-slow-fast-walk, the variety worked for me. Maintaining a consistent pace is something new for me and I took 4 km non-stop run as a new achievement. Wihu!

Too bad after around 5km, I tried to follow my brother's faster pace and almost fainted. The remaining route was much slower afterwards. I think it's because of the blood donation I did 2 days before. I was a bit tired and even felt light-headed yesterday, *a normal symptoms for someone who just donated blood :F I didn't thought it will affect me that much.  

*

3. NM Galaxy Roadrun Bukit Jalil - 10th August 2014, 10 km 



This time I went for my 10th run, alone. I took around 1 hour 30+ mins to complete the run, blaming my almost 2 months rest from any outdoor activities on Ramadhan and Syawal :D I asked a random runner at the event to take my picture before I went back home by train and bus. The bad stinking smell wasn't entirely my fault.

PS : Soon afterwards, I've been gaining weight back, thanks to the run.

*

4. Mizuno Wave Run, Putrajaya - 24th August 2014, 10 km

This was my last run with my brother this year before he continued his semester in Germany =.= Nothing special much about this run other than secretly went to the event with my old school friend and his brother and met Mr. Loh again - *but he didn't joined this time.




*

5. MAKNA Founder's Malaysia Run, 1st Nov, 10km

I've never joined night run and this was my first. The starting point's location was at the Water Sport Complex Putrajaya near Pullman. I remember people were sitting everywhere near the man-made lake & a small beach like hundreds of pink flamingo. A nice sunset + heavy dark cloud view from a tower that we can climb up to. I was having one of my minor headache so everything was a bit uncomfortable and less enjoyable.

I remember running in dark and silence except for the sounds of running-footsteps and soft huffs. This was one of my favorite run. A combination of night-time and Putrajaya : win.


*

6. Cyberjaya Twincity Marathon, 21st Dec, 12km

Other than weekly yoga, I have't been training for months. If it's not because of the early-bird registration, maybe I wouldn't even go to Cyberjaya for the run. I arrived and started late because it took almost an hour to arrive there from my new home. I walked most of the run, and finished after 1 hour 40 minutes - the slowest so far :p

But.
It's my first 12km run, not my proudest achievement,
but still enough for my personal yearly record 


*

And also, I managed to complete my 2014 goal to run 150 km :


*

2014, thank you ❤ 

Post Comment
Post a Comment