Books : Never-ending Topic

November 07, 2014
I've probably read about 30 - 35 books this year. Mostly things that were written by Murakami and some other classics. I spent too much time commuting and other than playing 5 lives of "Two Dots" - *the game I finally completed last night, I read.

I used to buy 1 book each month, now I can go up to 3 books - spending almost RM 100 a month for books. My shelves are expanding quite fast. A guilty pleasure, because I am spending with a joy and excitement like other people spend money to buy overpriced sneakers or handbags or game consoles or whatever it is that you over-spend on quietly. 

For example; I am currently on the last few chapters of "A Wild Sheep Chase" by Murakami, at the same time I'm reading "Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words" by Jay Rubin - *which is by far the best semi autobiography/book discussions ever-written. And waiting in line are "Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" by Murakami and "Ghostwritten" by David Mitchell - *the writer of Cloud Atlas, I want to try his first book written in 1999. All were bought on discount ( 2nd book - 50% or 20% off ), so I end up with having too many books piling up to be read soon.

Not a healthy habit, but as long as I keep on reading them, I guess it is acceptable :p

Other than that, I've been eyeing some books by my favorite authors 
(listed in my birthday wish list - for my siblings' reference. Teehee ) :
  • Adultery by Paulo Coelho
  • Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult 
  • Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
  • The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • The Cuckoo's Calling by JKRowling

( cc: Aja, Azmi & Azura )
All in paperback version. I don't quite like the hard-cover version, it doesn't fit nicely with all the books on my shelves. It is also heavy and space-consuming. 
The list consisted with mainstream writers, or maybe all writers have been exposed to the highlights and world of fame by the society. Either way, as long as they produce good fictions, it's fine with me. Be rich and well known, whatever.

PS : A true book addict. 
Throw me time and books, I'll eat them raw.
:D

PS2 : Azmi, I haven't found Ramlee Awang Murshid's latest book. 
Been avoiding book stores. Soon, ok?


Post Comment
Post a Comment