Books Update : The Hunger Game

March 06, 2012


*

Along yesterday's journey to Kuantan for a meeting, I've managed to finish up reading Catching Fire *second book of the Hunger Game Trilogy. I've also started reading the third book, Mockingjay, last night. I think it's a good sign. It's been awhile since my last encounter with anticipation on what's going to happen when I'm reading fiction books. My third book in a month, that's a new record! *in my working life, being a student might give me the opportunity to read up to 5 books a month. It's not about the quantity, I know. But I do felt left behind when I stop reading.

Anyhow, I would like to recommend this trilogy to young adult fiction readers out there. It's a series not to be missed. Personally I think it is a bit barbarous for teenagers. It reminds me a bit of The Lord of Flies by William Goldings, too cruel for child's reading. I couldn't bear to imagine people killing each others, let alone children. The thought bothers me. 

But life isn't a fairy tales and I know there might be places out there where cruelty is a norm. This series gives me a reminder of such things. 

 Every book gives different impact to readers, so I can't promise you much. But I loved it.

*


Post Comment
Post a Comment