Inspiration : No Choice

December 22, 2011


No Choice by Seth Godin :


"I had no choice, I just couldn't get out of bed."
"I had no choice, it was the best program I could get into."
"I had no choice, he told me to do it..."
Really?
It's probably more accurate to say, "the short-term benefit/satisfaction/risk avoidance was a lot higher than anything else, so I chose to do what I did."
Remarkable work often comes from making choices when everyone else feels as though there is no choice. Difficult choices involve painful sacrifices, advance planning or just plain guts.
Saying you have no choice cuts off all options, absolves responsibility and is the dream killer.

*
PS : How many times did you use those excuses? You keep on finding someone/something else to blame. Should stop making excuses. Start living responsibly. 


Post Comment
Post a Comment